Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A New Plan

As of yesterday, my HCG levels are back down to zero.

We had a phone consult with our RE yesterday and there's a whole new plan. Our first IVF last May, when I got pregnant with Wyatt, our embryo quality was much better. The RE basically says that he doesn't know why there was such a drastic change, but he's completely changing my protocol. He thinks that the quality of the embryos has to do with my different response to the stims this time. So, my plan goes from 225 of Gonal f to 375 of Gonal f?!? That's quite a change if you ask me. He also added Luveris into the mix, but I don't remember the exact dosing of that. He likened the way they stim you to the fertilizer you might use in a garden.

I also wasn't sure how long I'd have to wait to start my next cycle, but he said that once I get my period (And I just did! So, tomorrow will be day 1), I'll start the Lupron on Day 21. That puts us at the 24th. I have a good feeling about this cycle. And I plan on really trying to go into it more relaxed than last time. My main goal between now and then is to lower my stress level. I'm going to try to get some gardening work done for my customers which will be good exercise as well as making some money!

Looking forward...

3 comments:

  1. I hope they can make it work this time for you guys. I think the gardening will be good to help occupy your time (and mind) and will help make the time pass more quickly. I'm rooting for you!

    Speaking of gardening, what's with all the weird soil metaphores these REs use? The one we met with on Tuesday made a similar reference. Maybe I'm extra sensitive, but it kinda annoyed me. We're not in the 18th century anymore (thank god!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I did 150 of Repronex and 150 of Follistim - it's amazing what the different combos and dosages can produce. I hope the increased amount works incredibly well for you! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Hugs* Praying this cycle is the cycle. :) I hear you on relaxation :) Hoping you can relax. :)

    ReplyDelete